I started my Pinterest research for tortillas because I wanted to make small tacos (that weren’t hard shell ones). They don’t sell small tortillas at the supermarket. Since I found out that it was so easy to make, I decided to make my own. Plus side, this recipe uses ingredients that you could easily find at home.
- 2 cups Flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¾ cup Water
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Sift your flour into a bowl and mix in the salt.
- Mix in the olive oil and water into the bowl.
- Knead the dough till all the ingredients are incorporated. It’s okay if your dough is a little damp.
- Let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into smaller pieces.
- Flour your working surface and use your palm to press down the dough.
- Roll out the dough till it’s thin. I used my palm as a size guide for my tortilla. It should not be too thin that you can see your hand under the dough. If it’s too thin, your tortilla will be crispy when fried.
- When your pan is hot enough and oiled, fry your tortillas. To maintain the heat of your tortillas, you can keep them enclosed between 2 cloths.