I came across this recipe at random on Pinterest and thought it fit into my Mediterranean themed dinner party. It was honestly so idiot-proof and a delicious appetizer or snack. Plus, you’ll only need a trusty Nutribullet (in my case) or a food processor. It took me 5 minutes to make it. I would recommend making it right before your guests arrive. Otherwise, you can make ahead and store it in an airtight container.
I swapped out some ingredients from the original recipe because I was trying to use what I had in my pantry. It might have tasted better with Pistachios but I already had some walnuts at home. Sometimes cooking is about using what you have. I also made a different yet similar variation of this recipe here. Please check it out!
Ingredients (serves 8 as an appetizer)
- 113g / 4 oz Feta Cheese, drained and crumbled
- 113g / 4 oz Ricotta Cheese or Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 40ml / ¼ cup Honey
- 2 springs of Fresh Parsley, minced
- 1 tbsp Walnuts or any nuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 tsp Scallions, chopped
- ½ tsp Black Pepper, freshly cracked
- Pinch of Salt (optional)
- Combine feta cheese, ricotta cheese, and olive oil in a blender or food processor. Blend until you get a smooth and homogenized mixture.
- Add the minced garlic and parsley to the blender/food processor and continue to combine. In my opinion, it might be better to do it in spurts than just a straight-up blend.
- Transfer your whipped and herbed feta cheese into your serving bowl/plate. I would recommend using on with high rims/sides to make sure the honey doesn’t drip off the plate.
- With a teaspoon, create a mini well in the center or trench/moat in the cheese for the honey. Carefully pour the honey into the well/moat and finish off with a garnish of black pepper, chives, and walnuts. Enjoy with some warm tortillas or pita bread!
Original recipe from Southern Discourse
Thinking of enjoying some homemade tortillas with this delicious dip? Check out my super simple recipe!