I actually had this dish at Paya Lebar Square’s Delibowl and thought it was just something different. I never thought of Butter Chicken to be this creamy sweet dish since I usually eat the Indian style Butter Chicken. It’s really so simple to make since it only uses 4 ingredients. I cheated a bit and used frozen Chicken Karage. But I also included a fried chicken recipe below.
- ¼ cup / 55 grams Butter
- 1 medium-sized Red Onions, chopped
- 10 Curry Leaves
- 410ml / 1 can Evaporated Milk
- Salt / White Pepper (To taste)
- Cornstarch and Water (optional)
- Chicken Karage
- In a pot with medium-low heat, melt the butter.
- Add the red onions and curry leaves.
- When the onions and curry leaves are fragrant, stir in the evaporated milk and allow the mixture to simmer.
- Taste the butter sauce before adding salt. I would recommend this because I quite like the taste before the salt. But if you like a little more flavor, you could add a pinch of salt/pepper or even some red chili.
- If you want to thicken your sauce, mix cornstarch and water till pasty before adding to the sauce.
- You could add in your fried chicken to allow the chicken to soak up the sauce. And you’re ready to serve!
Fried Chicken Recipe
Boneless Chicken, cubed ½ cup Flour ½ cup Cornflour 1 tsp Salt 2 tsp Curry Powder 1 Egg, beaten
- Mix all the dry ingredients and an egg together in a bowl.
- Coat the cubes of chicken with the marinade.
- Heat enough oil and you’re ready to fry your chicken. Remember to fry the chicken to a light brown since the chicken will go a shade darker after frying.